Ego Recognition - When is Our Ego in Play?
Some of the Excerpts below are from contemporary spiritual teacher, Eckhart
Tolle's CD set: "A New Earth - Awakening to Your Life's Purpose" (2005)
- Awareness and ego cannot exist together.
- Awareness is not thought - it is a state of being.
- Only through awareness can you differentiate between fact and opinion.
- Complaining is resentment and the ego in play -
- Interrupting someone speaking - impatient to tell 'your' story;
- What you have to say is more important than others.
- Ego needs to prove itself right and the other wrong.
- Ego has an identity ...of whatever you put there.
- Ego structure may change, but the 'container' does not.
- Ego equates 'having' with 'being'.
- Your 'being' becomes obscure by 'things'... by what ever you put there.
- Attachment to 'things' drops away by itself when you no longer identify with what you put there. (Let go to grow.)
- Move away from form to formlessness (called your beingness), your essence.
Offended? Say Hello to Your Ego! First, let’s break down what an offense is. It is your ego’s response to what someone else said. When you are offended, you are in an ego-driven state, which is, ultimately, disempowering and a victim mentality. Your Ego, or Self, will fall into one of these categories as a way to cope with the loss of empowerment: High Ego—power hungry;
self absorbed; focus on external image; needs validation from others; blames/condemns others in order to boost self. Low Ego—no power; codependency; lost/confused; plays martyr; never feels gets what deserves; over caring and worrying; always doubting self and putting self down -
Ego Destroys Love ~
The difficulty with ego is that it is deeply concealed.
Most of us don’t even know we have it.
Ego destroys love. It destroys the ability to learn,
so there is no more give and take. No more love.
We go through many kinds of situations all day long
so we should make sure we don’t stop exchanging love.
Ego can be overcome by developing humility.
If we don't know how to bow love finishes.
* * * * * * *
The Way to Peace ... is to Incarnate Resonance
"Resonance is a state of inner connection with the essential self,
which opens to spirit and flows through the heart to create
an interconnection with others.
In practice, resonance is a vibrational energy in which our
preconceptions are set aside so that
truth is heard and spoken with love and compassion.
It is the foundation for peace, co-creation, and conscious evolution."
Copyright 2012 Virtual Co-Creative Community
* * * * * * *
The Peace Perspective - by Mike Markovski
Seeing the world in a new way -
Increase Your Child's Self-Esteem by Helping
Them to Discover a Peace Within
What parent does not want to see their children
have a life of inner peace and love?
Multi National and International
reviews received ~ click on book to order
A short, powerful narrative for every parent and EVERYONE!!
Amazon.com - 2014
(Click on Book Cover)
* * * * * * * *
Educating the mind
without educating the heart
is no education
at all !
* * * * * * * *